OBM Integrative and Complementary Medicine is an international peer-reviewed Open Access journal published quarterly online by LIDSEN Publishing Inc. It covers all evidence-based scientific studies on integrative, alternative and complementary approaches to improving health and wellness.
Topics contain but are not limited to:
It publishes a variety of article types: original research, review, communication, opinion, case report, study protocol, comment, conference report, technical note, book review, etc.
There is no restriction on paper length, provided that the text is concise and comprehensive. Authors should present their results in as much detail as possible, as reviewers are encouraged to emphasize scientific rigor and reproducibility.
Archiving: full-text archived in CLOCKSS.
Rapid publication: manuscripts are undertaken in 11.7 days from acceptance to publication (median values for papers published in this journal in the second half of 2021, 1-2 days of FREE language polishing time is also included in this period). A first decision provided to authors of manuscripts submitted to this journal are approximately 6.8 weeks (median values) after submission.
Interviews with Leading Experts in Integrative and Complementary Medicine
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2022 (Open) Submit Now
Gerhard Litscher, MSc, PhD, MDsc
Professor and Head of the Research Unit for Complementary and Integrative Laser Medicine, of the Research Unit of Biomedical Engineering in Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, and of the TCM Research Center Graz, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 29, 8036 Graz, Austria
Research interests: biomedical engineering; neuromonitoring in anesthesia and intensive care medicine; high-tech acupuncture; laserneedle medicine; complementary and integrative laser medicine; evidence-based complementary medicine.
About This Topic
We are preparing a special issue entitled "Interviews with Leading Experts in Integrative and Complementary Medicine" in journal /OBM Integrative and Complementary Medicine/ (Link: http://www.lidsen.com/journals/icm). We would like to kindly invite you to contribute to this exciting project by publishing an interview. The interview will be mainly focused on your research and/or practical work. We have summarized some tentative questions and hope to get your answers accordingly. Please find them below. For your answers to these questions, you can send back by March 31, 2022.
1) Personal data, photos (portrait and one from research (laboratory, clinc, etc.))
2) Please tell us your scientific background?
3) What is your main research area? How did you first become interested in it？Is there a particular case which has influenced you the most?
4) Considering the progress in your research area, could you please share us some hot topics or cutting-edge technologies in your research field?
5) Which topics are included? In your opinion, what challenges and developments can we expect to see in among these topics?
6) As an experienced researcher in this field, what do you consider to be key aspects of research that apply to clinical practice？
7) Do you also offer training and/or further education in your area?
8) How do patients benefit from your research?
9) Let us know how you balance your job with privacy? What are your secrets of success for this?
10) What are your future plans?
Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon again.
Gerhard Litscher, MSc PhD MDsc, Professor
Medical University of Graz, Austria
Received: 02 April 2022; Published: 18 April 2022; doi: 10.21926/obm.icm.2202018
Interview with Dr. James David Adams. The skin is where pain is sensed and where chronic pain is created. The safest and most effective treatment for pain is topical plant medicines. Chronic pain can be cured with topical plant medicines. Transient receptor potential cation channels [...]
Received: 25 January 2022; Published: 28 January 2022; doi: 10.21926/obm.icm.2201004
Interview with Dr. Paul J. Arciero. Precision lifestyle medicine and implementation science are the emerging frontiers of research in his field. He is an applied physiology and nutrition scientist, specializing in evidence-based scientific research on integrative and complementary lifestyle strategies to optimize health, wellness, and performa [...]
To prevent robots and page crawlers from submitting fraudulent forms, complete verification to prove that you are a human.